Activation CR5FG IN - Núcleo de Radioamadores da Armada

Ir para o conteúdo

Menu principal:

Activation CR5FG IN

Activações do NRA

On the next May 31st a Team of operators affiliated to Portuguese Navy Hamradio Club – NRA, is going to activate the Fortress of Our lady of Porto Salvo, also known as “Forte da Giribita”.


FORTRESS OF OUR LADY OF PORTO SALVO

A BRIEF HISTORY

The Fortress of Our Lady of Porto Salvo, also referred to as Forte of Giribita and/or Fortress of Ponta do Guincho, is located on the right bank of the Tagus River, in the village of Oeiras, on a rocky peak between the parishes of Paço  d’Arcos and Caxias, municipality of Oeiras, district of Lisbon, in Portugal. Dating back to called Battery of Guincho, later it was called Battery of Our Lady of Porto Salvo.
The War of Restoration to the 18th century
In the context of the War of Restoration of Portuguese independence, it was rebuilt by initiative of D. Antonio Luis de Menezes (1596-1675), conde of Cantanhede, having their works completed in 1649, as epigraphic inscription on the Gate of Weapons says.

At the end of the 17th century, its crew was under the command of Corporal Inacio Gomes (1695).
In the 18th century, the reports give account that was equipped with two pieces of 24 gauge, keeping five more incapable for the service (1735).  Because Corporal Inácio Gomes was promoted to captain of Infantry (1740), the command of the fort has passed to Corporal Estevao Jose de Brito (1741).  From 1763, the command has passed to the Warrant Officer of the Regiment  of Portuguese Royal Navy, Jose Antonio de Andrade, when it was souped-up weaponry with seven pieces of iron of the caliber 18. Estevao Jose  de Brito upturn the command from 1765. At the final of the 20th century, the command has been given to the lieutenant of Evora Cavalry Regiment, Joao Pinto Ribeiro Vasconcelos e Sousa (1798).
From the 19th century to our days

The Fortress of our Lady of Porto Salvo can be seen from the adjacent beach. At the beginning of the 19th century, the lieutenant Joao Francisco da Cruz Alagoa was in command (1804), having its artillery been reduced to only two pieces (1824).  In the context of Liberal Wars was well garnished by twenty two artillerymen, to which totaled a corporal, a low rank officer and a lower sub-official in command of twenty two soldiers of infantry. This artillery amounted now to seven artillery guns. (1832).
Under the command of retired lieutenant D. Jose Antonio Locio (1873), are initiated works of recovery at their premises (1874).  From 1877 their dependencies were delivered to the Commission for the Defense of Lisbon and its Harbor, which then used as material deposit of torpedoes, until first year of the Republic, when suffered works of improvement general (1911).
The era of the Second WWII, having Portugal remained neutral in conflict, was handed over to the Ministry of Finance, who has transferred it to the Autonomous Roads to be restored as part of the landscaping of the seafront by the occasion of the opening of the Av. Marginal(between Lisbon and Cascais) (1942).  The following year, the Portuguese Legion requested that the property to be transferred to the installation of a flag of sailing regattas.
When the outbreak of the Revolution of the Carnations (1974), the premises of the Fortress were occupied, and in the following year, transferred to the Directorate of Naval Infrastructures the Portuguese Navy.

Characteristics

It is a small maritime Fortress, in baroque style, intended to strengthen the defense of the bar of the river Tagus, by assisting the defense provided by Fort Saint Julian Fortress. Presents plant in irregular pentagonal organic (adapted to the terrain), in different dimensions.

The structure of daubing presents the socle highlighted in monumental stone. The center of the north wall opens the Gate Monumental in verga straight, with frame also monumental, topped by epigraphic plate stone where they inscribe date of foundation (1649) and the real world weapons. Two watchtowers topped by circular domes, are geared by a wall.

ACTIVATION FORTE DA GIRIBITA

QTH

IM58IQ

Square

38.41.50,75N  -  9.16.57,29 W

Date

2014 MAY 31st

Period

Sponsors

Call Sign

CR5FG

9:00 - 19:00

Will be welcome if come

Team Leader

CT1EHK

Activation Team

SSB
&
DIGI

CT1EHK
CT1IPB
CT2YTY
CR7AHW
CS7ABF

CW


CT1DRB
CT1ELZ
CT4GN

BANDS

 10  

15

20

40

80

Modes
Frequencies

SSB

28.511 KHz

21.011KHz

14.211 KHz

7.111 KHz

3.711 KHz

CW

28.011 KHz

21.011KHz

14.011KHz

7.011KHz

3.511KHz

NOTA

Recomended  frequencies for use in the Castles and Fortresses and Monuments; Use ± 5KHz

NOTE:

Keeping  permanent watch or work on all bands is not mandatory. All depends on the propagation conditions.

Valid References

CR5FG

Short Title

Full Title

Reference

DMHP

Portuguese  Historic Monuments Award

LX-036

DDFP

Diploma de Divulgação das Freguesias Portuguesas

OER-05

DMP

Portuguese  Municipality Award

DMP-1110

WCA

World Castles Award

CT-00288

DCFP

Portuguese  Castles and Fortresses Award

F-112

Voltar para o conteúdo | Voltar para o Menu principal